Do you have a cause you’re passionate about and you’re ready to raise money for it? Great! Here’s how to make it happen:
- Create the page
- Log in to your GiveMN account with your email and password or create a new account at https://www.givemn.org/register
- Visit the page of your favorite cause.
- Click the orange “Start Fundraising” button at the bottom of the page.
- Name your Fundraiser page whatever you want. Be clear. Have fun.
- Tell your story. Don’t be boring.
Show everyone why you care and why they should give now. This is your chance to get friends, family, and colleagues excited about your cause.
- Tell everyone why you’re fundraising for your cause.
- People give a little more when you ask for a little more. Suggest gift amounts and the impact they have. Donors can always choose to give a different amount if they prefer.
- Write a nice note of gratitude for us to email to each of your donors right away along with their receipt.
- Offer your donors a deal. If available, promote a matching gift.
- Pictures of people tell a story and help supporters connect with your cause. Add your best!
- Tell everyone about it!
This is the most important part. People won’t come to your page if you don’t tell them where to go. It’s time to grab a megaphone and hit the streets!
- Send personalized messages to everyone on your email list and your friends on Facebook and Twitter. They don’t have to be long—just unique and heartfelt.
- Stay positive and remember it’s okay if people don’t respond to your messages or say no.
- Spread your message where your people are. Text, email, or carrier pigeon.
- Don’t be afraid to ask. You’d be surprised how many people want to do something that makes them feel good—and supporting your cause is a fast, feel-good task for the day.